- Located in the heart of the Serengeti at Turners Springs
- Resident game year round
- Migration generally comes through the area twice a year between April-June, and Oct-Nov.
- Close to the highest concentration of predators in the Serengeti (lion & leopard in particular)
- Easy access (30 mins) to the Seronera airstrip
- Children over 6 years welcome
- Family and honeymooners catered for
- Balloon safaris optional
- Bush breakfast / lunches / sundowners available for small groups
- Fly-in safaris available for those short of time
- Incredible game viewing year round
The camp is open all year round, with abundant resident game. At certain times of the year, the camp is right in the path of the wildebeest migration.
JANUARY TO MARCH
Wildebeest in southern Serengeti plains where the calving takes place. Open grasslands, great visibility, and plenty of predator interaction.
APRIL TO MAY
Rainy season, fantastic photographic opportunities, dramatic skies and clear visibility. Perfect if you don’t want to go at a busy time. Green/low season rates available. The return of the wildebeest through the central to the southern plains of the Serengeti to begin the whole process again.
AUGUST TO OCTOBER
Excellent game viewing during the drier months, particularly around the west and northern areas, along the Mara and Grumeti Rivers.
NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER
The return of the wildebeest through the central to the southern plains of the Serengeti to begin the whole process again.
JUNE TO JULY
Migration continues moving central/west and northwards.
Comprising just twelve spacious tents, our focus is on your comfort and enjoyment. There is nothing better than being lulled to sleep at night by the sounds of the bush, safely inside your well-appointed ‘safari bedroom’. The tents are en-suite with flushing toilets and a bush-shower. A private verandah offers a shady place to relax.
A large central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, games for children (and adults) and a charging station for cameras.
Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment and evenings offer a campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and share the day’s experiences.
If you prefer an intimate safari experience, without compromising on comfort, our Wilderness Camps offer just that. This camp is small, offering traditional ‘under canvas’ accommodation with superb food, a relaxing atmosphere and great Tanzanian hospitality in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
We offer game drives throughout the Serengeti in our specially modified safari vehicles, and also offer multi-day guided walking safaris from our camp by prior arrangement.
These are conducted with our professional guides and a parks ranger and must be pre-booked in conjunction with a safari.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included, with the option of enjoying a tasty picnic lunch if you plan a full day out on safari. Our safari chefs prepare delicious meals, using fresh ingredients available seasonally. Weather permitting we will set up dinner under the stars. Dinner is served by waiters (platter to plate) – so you may sit back and enjoy our hospitality.
There is a good selection of wines and spirits available to enjoy with your meal.
Your safari guide is welcome to join you for dinner in the evenings to be able to interact about the day’s events and to round off a perfect day!
If you would like an intimate dining experience, speak to the camp manager on arrival, so he can set up a private table.
Other activities in the area include
- Birding: very rewarding, both around the camp and on game drives
- Balloon safari: enjoy a bird’s eye view as you gently float above the majestic Serengeti plains
- Seronera Wildlife centre
Other safari highlights in the region include
Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Donyo Lengai active volcano and Lake Natron.
- Daily flights with a multiple of airlines (am & pm) from most Tanzania tourism destinations (north and south, and islands)
- Charter flights
- Drive in from surrounding region/s (average time with stops)
- Arusha – full day drive
- Tarangire/Manyara – 6 hours
- Ngorongoro – 2-3 hours
- Eyasi – 3-4 hours
- Natron – 5-7 hours
- Southern Serengeti/Ndutu – 2-3 hours
- Western Serengeti – 2-4 hours
- Northern Serengeti/Kogatende – 6 hours
- Luggage restriction on flights is 15kg / 33 lbs in soft bags
- Explorer Mobile safaris – private mobile camp – great for small groups and families
- Combine with other regions staying at similar camps & lodges in Tarangire, Manyara, Ngorongoro, Natron, Eyasi in the north.
- South & West Tanzania regions of Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale, Katavi, Dar & Zanzibar.
- Fly in safaris optional throughout the country / region
|Per adult sharing|
|Single room supplement|
|Per adult triple|
|Per child 6–15 yrs sharing|
the TANAPA & NCAA CAMPING fees are per night, per person, and
MUST BE PAID AT THE SAME TIME AS ACCOMMODATION. Daily park entry
fees are not included in above and are for your own account, and
all park/camp fees are subject to change.
|Camp exclusivity can be organised, and should additional
tents/beds be required, this can generally be arranged
|Note that the TANAPA & NCAA CAMPING fees are per night, per person, and MUST BE PAID AT THE SAME TIME AS ACCOMMODATION. Daily park entry fees are not included in above and are for your own account, and all park/camp fees are subject to change.|
|Extra lunch – at camp|
|Drinks inclusive (except premium brands) per person/night|
|Sundowner drinks and snacks (private) – minimum 4 guests|
|Bush dinner (private, subject to weather) – minimum 4 guests|
|Private dinner at camp (subject to weather) min 4 guests|
|Walking safari by prior arrangement – price on request
|Game drive package (fly-in guests) per person/day,
shared vehicle — minimum three days
|Private vehicle – additional per vehicle/day (up to 6 guests)|
|Game drive package daily park fees – adult – 24-hour period|
|Game drive package daily park fees|
|Serengeti Wilderness Camp||Date||25||26||27||28||29||30||31||01||02||03||04||05||06||07||08||09||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20||21||22||23||24|
Share this entry
Tel: +255 786 642 466 / +255 677 026 399