AT A GLANCEWHEN TO GOACCOMMODATIONSAFARI EXPERIENCEACTIVITIESGETTING THEREOTHER2020 RATESBooking Terms & ConditionsAVAILABILITY
- Located close to the Mara River, in the Kogatende area of Northern Serengeti
- Migration generally comes through the between July to end October.
- Easy access to famed river crossing points along the Mara River
- Fantastic resident game year round
- Easy access (20-30 mins drive) to the Kogatende airstrip
- Children over 6 years welcome
- Family and honeymooners catered for
- Balloon safaris optional
- Bush breakfast / lunches / sundowners available for small groups
- Fly-in safaris available for those short of time
This camp is only open during the peak migration period when the large wildebeest herds are specifically in the area – namely July to October. However, you may combine a few nights here with some nights in our central camp to get the best of the Serengeti.
Each of the spacious safari tents are comfortably furnished, with solar lighting, ensuite bathroom and a lovely shady verandah. An airy, central dining tent complements our comfortable lounge tent which has a small reference library, maps, some games for children and a recharging facility for cameras and videos.
Our safari chef will prepare sumptuous meals for your enjoyment. Evenings offer a typical safari campfire around which our guests enjoy sundowners and snacks, and relive the day’s experiences. We provide a friendly, intimate quality tented bush camp, with good facilities in an amazing area, with due respect for this fragile ecosystem.
This camp is small, offering traditional ‘under canvas’ accommodation with superb food, a relaxing atmosphere and great Tanzanian hospitality in one of the most beautiful places on earth!
We offer game drives in our specially modified safari vehicles. If you are short of time, our ‘fly-in safaris’ are a great option.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included, with the option of enjoying a tasty picnic lunch if you plan a full day out on safari. Our safari chefs prepare delicious meals, using fresh ingredients available seasonally. Weather permitting we will set up dinner under the stars. Dinner is served by waiters (platter to plate) – so you may sit back and enjoy our hospitality.
There is a good selection of wines and spirits available to enjoy with your meal.
Your safari guide is welcome to join you for dinner in the evenings to be able to interact about the day’s events and to round off a perfect day!
If you would like an intimate dining experience, speak to the camp manager on arrival, so he can set up a private table.
Other activities in the area include
- Walking safaris
- Birding: very rewarding both around the camp and on game drives
- Balloon safari: enjoy a bird’s eye view as you gently float above the majestic Serengeti plains
Other safari highlights in the region include
Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Ol Donyo Lengai active volcano and Lake Natron, and of course the Rift Valley, Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks
The camp is a 12-hour drive from Arusha. Fly from Arusha to Kogatende airstrip, about a 30-min game drive away from camp
- Daily flights with a multiple of airlines (am & pm) with connections to most Tanzanian tourism destinations (north and south, and islands), as well as neighbouring Kenya
- Charter flights
- Drive in from surrounding region/s (average time with stops)
- Arusha – we do not recommend driving from Arusha in one day
- Tarangire/Manyara – recommend Serengeti Central one night en route
- Ngorongoro – full day, we recommend Serengeti Central for one night en route
- Eyasi – recommend Serengeti Central for one night
- Natron – 6-7 hours
- Southern & Central Serengeti – full day
- Western Serengeti – 5-6 hours
Luggage restriction on flights is 15kg / 33 lbs in soft bags
- Explorer Mobile safaris – private mobile camp – great for small groups and families
- Combine with other regions staying at similar camps & lodges in central Serengeti, Tarangire, Manyara, Ngorongoro, Natron, Eyasi in the north.
- South & West Tanzania regions of Selous, Ruaha, Gombe, Mahale, Katavi, Dar & Zanzibar.
- Fly in safaris optional throughout the country / region
SERENGETI NORTH WILDERNESS CAMP – Kogatende – OPEN 1 July to 31 October 2019
|Per adult sharing|
|Single room supplement||0|
|Per adult triple|
|Per child 6–15 yrs sharing|
|Note that the TANAPA & NCAA CAMPING fees are per night, per person, and MUST BE PAID AT THE SAME TIME AS ACCOMMODATION. Daily park entry fees are not included in above and are for your own account, and all park/camp fees are subject to change.|
|Camp exclusivity can be organised, and should additional tents/beds be required, this can generally be arranged|
|Extra lunch – at camp|
|Sundowner drinks and snacks (private) – minimum 4 guests|
Includes TANAPA fees
|Bush dinner (private, subject to weather) – minimum 4 guests|
Includes TANAPA fees. Must be pre-booked and paid
|Private dinner at camp (subject to weather) min 4 guests|
|Multi-day walking safari by prior arrangement – price on request|
|Game drive package rate (fly-in guests).|
Per person/per night including accommodation & drinks
as set out above at Serengeti North. Minimum two
nights/minimum two guests/shared game drives.
|July – October|
|Private vehicle rate. Additional cost.|
Per night/per vehicle/up to max 6 guests per vehicle.
|PLUS park fees/per adult/per 24 hours|
|PLUS park fees/per child (6–15 years)/per 24 hours|
|Serengeti Wilderness Camp||Date||29||30||01||02||03||04||05||06||07||08||09||10||11||12||13|
|Serengeti North Wilderness Camp||Date||29||30||01||02||03||04||05||06||07||08||09||10||11||12||13|
|Ndutu Wilderness Camp||Date||29||30||01||02||03||04||05||06||07||08||09||10||11||12||13|
Share this entry
Tel: +255 786 642 466 / +255 677 026 399